DoD SMART Scholarship Application Portal Now Open
SMART is a scholarship-for-service program that provides full tuition and other financial benefits to individuals in exchange for a period of post-graduation civilian service in a DoD facility
The Department of Defense (DoD) Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship Application Portal opened on August 1, 2018 for students to apply for the 2019 cohort. The application period closes on December 1, 2018 at 5:00 pm EST.
SMART is a scholarship-for-service program that provides full tuition and other financial benefits to individuals in exchange for a period of post-graduation civilian service in a DoD facility. Another benefit of the program comes in the form of internships that allow for broadly relevant hands-on research and work experiences in DoD facilities, thereby enhancing their educational experience. The SMART Scholarship Program represents a critical DoD investment in attracting the best and brightest of minds whose technical expertise will help execute the Department's mission.
Individuals applying for this scholarship must be:
• A citizen of the United States, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or United Kingdom
• 18 years of age or older as of August 1, 2019
• Able to participate in summer internships at a DoD facility
• Willing to accept post-graduate employment with the DoD
• A student in good standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the time of award
• Pursuing a technical undergraduate or graduate degree in one of the disciplines listed on the "About SMART" page
To learn about DoD SMART Scholar success stories, please visit the following blog: https://dodstem.us/blog-posts/2018/smart-scholarship-service.
To learn more about the SMART program and to apply, please visit the DoD SMART website: www.smartscholarship.org.